The candidate is an ambitious person, a natural born leader with an extraordinary technical background to lead an international team which will bring to market a game-changing AI technology.
The candidate will lead and manage the hardware implementation team, defining the objectives, schedule, key results and working close to the research team to define the future chip architecture and features and the path to production. The candidate will define the needs, help identifying and recruit the necessary people; he will be responsible of implementation cost budget.
He will report to the CTO and have weekly interactions with company CEO.
Our customer is atruly European deep-techStart Up company which isdevelopinga game-changing hardware technologyforArtificial Intelligence. The technology will be adopted by thousand customers around the globe, enabling new application of AI in different fields such as; security, retail, robotics, drone, smart cities and more. The company is a spin-off from a multinational deep-tech group and is backed by a strong syndicate of institutional investors. They have an extraordinary and international team of top talented researchers and developers working in Europe.
- Provide engineering know-how and expertise in all the areas associated with semiconductor design, fabrication, packaging, testing and mass production
- Manage the execution of the design and implementation of the artificial intelligence chip, meeting or exceeding market requirements
- Plan and organize the activities to meet aggressive schedules
- Keep motivated the team
- Collaborating with software team head to align on specifications, schedule, deliverables, testing
- Accountable of development cost and schedule
- Support CTO in developing and executing strategy, technology and product development roadmaps, special initiatives, and engineering best practices
- Present status of engineering activities to executive management and provide required documentation to CTO in accordance to divisional processes
- Build, develop, and manage an engineering team capable of carrying out engineering initiatives and supporting long term technology and product development roadmaps
- Evaluate performance of individuals in the engineering organization, manage performance gaps, and set goals for the team consistent with organizational goals
- Develop, secure, and manage yearly departmental budget
- Identify, procure, and implement hardware and software tools needed to execute engineering initiatives
- Manage the development of technical and cost proposals to secure funds
- Participate in meetings with key customers and partners
- Participate in technical conferences, where appropriate present technical advances at conferences
- Develop new sources of supply and manage the qualification of suppliers when needed
- Maintain and manage the new product introduction process and ensure process gates are satisfied to achieve smooth transition to volume manufacturing.
- Recommend methods, materials and improvement based on product features needs and capabilities
- Manage and maintain a technology control plan to ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Provide technical support for business development activities
- Reach across divisions to ensure collaborative development activities
- Travel frequently around different company offices to meet the team and coach the team
- Fast paced
- Resilient to working under constant time pressure
- Master’s degree in Electronics, PhD is a plus
- Minimum 10-year experience in complex chip design and computing architecture
- 5-year experience in people and team management
- Proven successful experience in chip tape-out on 16/12 nm or smaller process node.
150-250 K euro/year gross per year based on his/her experience and working place
- Pension & Insurances
- Phone, PC